Attention GEAR UP Grantees
Our College Success Program was designed with one main goal in mind. To significantly increase the number of low-income middle school and high school students who will attend college but most importantly give them the skillset and mindset to succeed there.
Arel Moodie was one of your students. Arel Moodie grew up on welfare in the projects of Brooklyn, NY. He knows from first hand experience the challenges and hurdles your students will face.
He was able to learn certain tricks of the trade that got him into one of the top colleges in the country, succeed there by getting on the Dean’s list, being president of 4 student organizations and founding 2 while there. The skills he learned helped him build a few businesses one of which he took to over $1 million in sales while still in his 20s.
Arel is not special in any way. He just learned some simple and yet powerful concepts and strategies that he simply applied and received results. Simple is not to be confused with easy. Arel believes in the importance of hard work. Hard work, with the right focus and knowledge is what brings success. The College Success Program is aimed at supplementing your core programming in a way that will maximize your results.
When you partner with the College Success Program you’ll be partnering an organization that understands the needs of GEAR UP students AND GEAR UP grantees. All programs are done as a cost share where grantees receive dollar-for-dollar matching. You are able to receive an amazing program and you’re your match requirements.
You will also receive a pre and post event assessment to help you gauge and document the success of the events.
What Makes This Different?
Let’s be honest most speakers on the subject of success haven’t really accomplished much in their life. They are so boring you’d rather stick bicycle spokes in your ear drums then listen to them finish their presentation and your students just don’t connect with them.
This program is rooted on actionable specific strategies that are time-tested and proven to be effective. They come from real life experience and application.
The College Success Program is geared toward achieving the following goals.
- Information provided regarding financial aid for post secondary education
- Encourage students to enroll (and look forward) to rigorous and challenging curricula and coursework. Our goal is to help them start young challenging themselves so that when they are older the need for remedial coursework during post-secondary education is significantly reduced.
Students who go through this program are more likely to earn their diploma in HS and be proactive about completing college applications to attend college. We show them not to just go to college but most importantly go through college. College is not the destination but a spring board to achieve their goals in life.
The College Success Program is Perfect for:
- GEAR UP conference
- College Day
- Summer leadership camp
- Student assembly
- Transition program
- Parent events
- Staff Training and Professional Development
- or other GEAR UP event
Arel Moodie is someone who understands needs of your students and GEAR UP requirements
Snapshot of Benefits
- Offer a 1 to 1 in-kind match for ALL GEAR UP grantees. You order Arel’s book and you receive his speaker services to your students for FREE as part of the match!!
- Presentations are customized to fit for your specific goals for your GEAR UP students, educators, and parents. No canned, rote presentations here.
- With the several different components to this program, as your cohort advances, we can work with them every year to help ensure their graduation success!
- The most important step one must take to become successful in life. This is the one difference between the students who go through the exact same program and one achieves radical success and the other doesn’t even come close. This first step is what many feel is the most important lesson they have learned that kept them out of trouble and on the right path.
- How to cut your learning curve by at least 50% in all areas of your life so that school work doesn’t become a pain but a joy.
- The most important mindset a student must have that will help them bounce back from adversity, overcome fears and move forward toward their goals even when the outside world makes them feel like it’s impossible
- How they can start acting right now to become successful and not wait for someone else to make their dreams come true
For High School Students
Your Starting Point For Student Success
If you’re looking for the ultimate student success program to achieve lasting change in your students then The College Success Program is it.
Let’s face it. Going through HS can be challenging socially, intellectually and emotionally- and it’s no surprise that students get lost in the process. Arel’s mission with this program is to stop that from happening and empower students to achieve the greatest possible results both in school and in life.
The Key is about beginning the journey to success today!
Student’s leave the program:
- Knowing The Fastest Way to Create Success in Their Life Now
- Creating unstoppable self-confidence through a special mindset switch
- Learning the little know secret to achieving more goals in less time
- Understanding the mystery behind what drives all of our actions and how to use it
- Discovering the single most import determining factor to your continued success
Students exposed to this program not only perform better academically, they are happier and become prepared to deal with the challenging environment of college much better.
The Street Smart Way to Getting into the College of Your Dreams
The ultimate no non sense, non fluff, easiest and most effective street smart strategies you will ever learn on how to maximize your time in high school and get into the college of your dreams without being stressed out or freaked out along the way. And it has nothing to do with how smart you are or even how hard you work. It’s about knowing what you should be doing and how. That’s what this program shows you.
Learn rarely known and seldom practiced strategies for getting a head such as:
- What colleges are really looking for in a recommendation letter and how to get it from the most powerful people
- How to properly position yourself to stand out from the crowd even if you have the exact same qualifications as them
- How to increase your retention of information for tests using one weird but extremely effective memory technique
- How to get the most influential people at a college pushing the admission board to accept you
- How to get financial aid you need to pay for most if not all of college
- Secrets to picking the right college for you that match you academically, personally, and socially